Salkantay & Machu-Picchu 4D/3N -Private Service
Last Minute Information
- - Permits for Inca Trail trek are SOLD OUT until Oct 4 th (Cancelled spots or waiting list does not exist due strict rules from INC Park controlers.
- - **JULY 24 th.
- - 2 spots available (small group of 6 participants) book shortly US$ 590 per person, Ticket for Huaynapicchu mountain and 6 Kg personal portarage are included.in this special offer)**.
- HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN WALK.- We recommend you to include this walk to the mountain Huaynapicchu after your trek, it takes 2 hours and you can start after your guided tour in Machupicchu, extra fee of US10 per person.
- - BOOK EARLY ... to avoid disappointments.
- - Remember just recently since July 20th there are a limited number of spaces available for MachuPicchu and Huaynapicchu mountain for each day so call us now with your questions or book online to reserve your spot!
Day 1: Cusco - Soraypampa - Huayracmachay
Approx at 4.30am Transfer from your hotel with private transport driving approximately 2.5 hours to the village of Mollepata (2,800 masl) .. Hopefully you can continue to rest until about 5.00 am when you can enjoy the views and then around 7am we will have breakfast and a brief look around the village with time for you to buy any last minute provisions.
It is a further 1.5 hours to Soraypampa, (3,800 masl) and we hope to start hiking from here around 9am. We begin with a gentle climb for about 3 -4 hours to Soyrococha, (4400 masl). Stunning area for lunch at the base of Salkantay mountain with time to rest with vista to the glaciers. From Soyrococha we continue to climb steeply for 1 hour to the Salkantay "Apacheta" Pass (4,600 masl) where your guide will lead you in some traditional rituals at this the highest point of the trek. From here we descend for 2 to 3 hours to the campsite at Huayracmachay. (3,800 masl) or another 40 minutes down hill walk to the cozy "Andenes" campsite.
Maximum Altitude: 4600 masl
Minimum Altitude: 3800 masl
Distance Travelled: 14km approx
Approximate Walking Time: Total hours walking: 7-8 hours
Day 2: Huayracmachay- Arrayanniyoc - Challhuay-La Playa
After early breakfast we depart our campsite around 6-6.30, descending approx 1 -1.5 hr to Arrayanniyoc (3,300 masl). From here we start seeing the changing vegetation, indication of the high Jungle zone called or Cloud forest and we often see humming birds and varieties of orchids. We continue through the Ceja de Selva with gradual descent and enjoying level areas of "pampa" for approx 2 .5 hours to Challhuay 2,920 mt observing different kinds of plants, fruits, flowers and birds plus coffee and banana crops. Another 1 km gentle walk to Collpapampa 2,800 mt and then a further 40 minutes to Wiñaypoqo (2,600 masl) where we will have lunch around noon and rest near the waterfall here.
The afternoon follows a gentle descent through 300 metres for approx 4 - 4.5 hours to the small high jungle village of La Playa 2,300 mts where we will spend the night.
Maximum Altitude: 3,850 masl Minimum Altitude: 3300 masl Distance Travelled: 16 kms Total hours walking: 8-9 hours
Maximum Altitude: 3850 masl
Minimum Altitude: 3300 masl
Distance Travelled: 16 kms
Approximate Walking Time: Total hours walking: 8-9 hours
Day 3: LA PLAYA - LUCMABAMBA - LLAQTAPATA - HIDROELECTRICA / AGUAS CALIENTES
Approx 07:30 am we begin our trek to the village Lucmabamba where we see the remains of an Inka trail. We follow this rising trail, from which we will see coffee, banana and passion fruit plantations and a lovely view of the Santa Teresa Valley. After climbing for 4 hrs to reach Llaqtapata 2,700 masl we can enjoy some free time to rest and observe the mountain of Machupicchu (Inca city) and some of this archaeological site from afar. Then 2 hours down-hill to the Hydroelectric Plant at 1,870m where we have the last lunch with all of our staff. The arrieros, horses and donkey herders will prepare their return back to Soraypampa and we head to Aguas Calientes town. At 16:00 pm we will take a 45 minute train journey to Aguas Calientes town 2,000 masl where a special dinner and finally a comfy bed in the "Hostal Viajeros" await us. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner + Accomodation in Hostal Viajeros. * Trekking poles recommended for the entire trek and downhill. Optional evening bathe in the hotsprings 10 minutes walk from the town.
Accommodation: Viajeros Hostal
Maximum Altitude: 3300 masl
Minimum Altitude: 2000 masl
Distance Travelled: 12km approx
Approximate Walking Time: Total hours walking: 5-6 hours
Day 4: AGUAS CALIENTES, MACHU-PICHU, CUSCO
Early walk (approximately 1.5 hours uphill from Aquas Calientes) or bus for 25 minutes to the Citadel of Machupicchu, guided tour for 3 hours and plenty of free time for further exploring, photos and optional climb of the mountain Huayna Picchu, Temple of the Moon, or the Gate of the Sun. Generally around 1pm people walk down the steps back to Aguas Calientes for the buffet lunch and at approx 16:00 hrs we take our return train to Ollantaytambo with bus connection arriving to Cusco city around 9:00 pm. or a direct train to Cusco depart at 16:30 from Aguas Calientes. Breakfast, Lunch. Meals: BL
What is Included:
- - Collection from your hotel at 04:45 am.
- - Private vehicle to Mollepata-Soraypampa (starting of the trek).
- - 2 person Igloo tents (large and comfortable) and a roll pad mattress).
- - English speaking professional guide experienced in mountains.
- - Full board meals 4 Breakfast, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners.
- - First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- - Horses/donkeys to carry tents, food, cooking equipment.
- - Hot water for washing purposes.
- - Boiled water to fill in your bottles
- - Train from Hidroelectrica to Aguas Calientes
- - Expedition Tourist Train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco or private transport to Ollanta
- - Admission Ticket to Machu Picchu Archaeological Complex
- - Guided tour in Machu Picchu, time to explore on your own,
- - Climbing to Huaynapicchu Ticket extra $10 pp
- - Hotel in Aguas Calientes Double or Triple Accommodation
- - Dining and cooking tents with tables and chairs
- - Chef and cooking equipment and kitchen tent:
- - Free storage in Cusco for your belongings at Hotel Loreto.
What is not Included:
- - Sleeping bag (minus 8 ºC) US$ 20
- - Personal porter for 9 Kg US$45 ( per trekker)
- - Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- - Dinner on day 4 th (return to Cusco)
- - Drinks, bottle water, drinks in Aguas Calientes.
- - The bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes US$8
- - (45 minutes down-hill walk to Aguas Calientes) to Hotel Viajeros.
- - VISTADOME Train to Cusco instead of Expedition Train, Please add US$36 per person
- Tips for your crew guides cooks, horse herders US$20-25 approx
- (Every Loreto Boutique`s staff receive a fair and decent payment immediately after they end their trip, tips are optional also are a great gesture of esteem to them).
We recommend that you bring
- sleeping bag (Minus 8ºC - can be rented atLoreto Boutique Office for US$20 )
- Sturdy Hiking boots
- Warm clothes and trekking pants. not jeans
- layers for variable temperatures specially at night
- Flash light with extra batteries
- Camera, extra film & batteries
- Sunprotection : sunscreen : sun hat : sunglasses
- Thermals : wool socks : Gloves / scarf and woolen hat for cold nights
- Insect repellent
- Rain poncho : a good rain jacket
- Toiletries / toilet paper / small towel
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs
- Water bottle : water purifying tablets optional
- Personal medical kit
- Original passport and ISIC student card if applicable
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks
- Trekking poles
Frequently Asked Questions
- TRAVEL INSURANCE:Eg, Nomad Travel Insurances.
- Firstly.- Before you book your tour we urge you to read all the information, descriptions, general details, booking conditions and tour notes for your trip.
- REGISTER your TOUR and fill in your personal details in separate forms. You will receive a Reservation Code (eg: 240611001) It is possible to pay for 2 or more person with 1 Reservation Code, so we can secure your train tickets and tour together.
- PAY A BOOKING DEPOSIT US$150 per person through WESTERN UNION Money Transfer in order to: Henry Yabar Arce DNI 23957583 (LORETO BOUTIQUE HOTEL, Cusco PERU) Upon transferring the money email us the Money Transfer Number (MTCN) copy of your reservation and amount paid to: RESERVAS@LORETOBOUTIQUEHOTEL.COM to confirm your deposit. We will confirm your reservation on the same day.
- NPAY YOUR BOOKING DEPOSIT ONLINE with MASTER CARD or VISA.-US$157.50 per person (US$ 150 include 5% card charge.)
- FINAL PAYMENT: The remaining balance needs to be paid at your arrival to Cusco in Peruvian soles or US$ Dollars cash (Exchange rate 2.90 Soles for US$1). Payments with credit / debit cards are accepted with a commission of 5%, Travelers' cheques with 3% only at our Office in Cusco.
- Final payments of your tour in advance with card it is possible, it will be with 5% extra or you can transfer the balance through Western Union.