Sacred Valley Tour Pisac & Market.
River Rafting 1 Day Urubamba
One of our most popular rafting sections during the season is the Cusipata section, in the upper part of the river. It is a scenic tour and half to arrive there and it is worth every minute. Cusipata section is one of the nicest rivers of the Urubamba for rafting activities, as it is less crowded, tranquil and cleaner than the Ollantaytambo part in the Sacred Valley. It consists of rapids that are graded II, III, and IV plus. Overall, you will be running the water for about 2 and a half hours, with some parts for relaxing and soaking up the experience, and other parts for pumping up your adrenalina levels.
Upon your arrival to the river, you will gear up with your wetsuits, helmets, waterproof jacket, and life jacket. The guide will take that oppertunity to give a 15 minute safely briefing, anda give general information for beginners (how to paddle, follow instructions).
You can leave your day pack on the bus while you are the trip. On the river, you will be encounter class II, and III plus rapids, as well as some introductory rapids. Some rapids are techinical so our expert guides will scout ahead and indicate appropriate directions, commands. Also, there will be a guide in a Kayac for protecction for your safety. Finally, you will arrive at the end of the rafting section. This trip is known to be full of fun, with lots of "adrenalina pumpers" along the way. You will have a great picnic lunch, with hot and cold drinks, right there in the middle of the small village or near the river with fantastic landscapes from the andes in Peru.
Day 1: URUBAMBA RAFTING 1 DAY - CHUQUICAHUANA SECTION
This section is called Chuquicahuana and is the best part of the Urubamba River it is located at 2 hours southern from Cusco. It is classified as class II, III and III+. This section has continuous rapids and for one day trip it's a great fun. Departure: 09:00am. Return: 16:30 pm. Trip grading: II and III Distance in the water: 18 km Time in the water: 2.4 hours Best time from May to December
Meeting point at 08:25 am in ourLoreto Boutique Office: Calle Garcilaso 270 near Plaza San Francisco or we can also collect from your hotel. 2 hours private transport into a beautiful and very scenic views of lakes, villages and towns in the way to Urcos and Cusipata. Once we get there, you have time to change in a river rafting clothes, you will find a wetsuit that will fit you. Afterwards, you have to pick up a helmet, a life-jacket and a paddle, once you are ready, your guides will offer a field briefing of each details after definitely a great picture time !!!.
Time to pull the raft to the river and to learn the commands. Once on the raft and far from the shore, the real fun starts. The river is smooth in the beginning, giving you the chance to practice the commands when the guide tells you, but don't worry, the bumps will come soon. You realize soon that the river is getting rougher, it's time to paddle. Suddenly the rapids show up, and you will see yourself paddling. You will get soak, even if you don't fall, water splash from everywhere, and it's cold, you will be glad that you are wearing the wetsuit and a wind cutter.
It is very important to follow the guide´s instructions and paddle seriously after the commands, this will keep in a good balance of the boat. After various rapids the river calm down for a while, giving you the chance to rest for a little while until the next rapid come. The rapids are basically rocks and holes on the riverbed. Rapids are classified from I to VI, been VI the roughest. In the Urubamba river, the rapids are class II up to III+ and IV when the river is high after the rainy season (December to March).
After two hours and an half your ride is about to end, I suggest, if it's a sunny day, to jump into the water and flow with the river. Don't worry, the guide will get you to the shore or back on the raft. It is always another guide on a kayak who goes next to the raft to pick up the people who fall, and also he will take pictures, this is great because back in Cusco you can buy a CD with all the pictures taken. Once back on the shore, the same bus will be waiting for you. After dry yourself and change your wetsuit for warm clothing, you will have a delicious lunch. Then a good nap on the ride back to Cusco.
CLASS and CATEGORIES of RAPIDS
- - Class II, Ollantaytambo ( in the Sacred Valley of the Incas; Only 1.3 hrs of rafting )
- - Class III (We run it from May to December), Quiquijana, Cusipata, Chuquicahuana.
- - IV and V (Dec to May). For the last one, which is the hardest
- - We always take a safety kayak with us, so it means one extra guide for the safety of our clients.
- - After lunch we return to Cusco, arriving at around 4:00 -4:30 pm.
What is Included:
- - Transportation by private bus or van
- -Experienced Rafting Guide Class IV-V
- - Experienced safety Cayaker.
- - All Equipment (life jacket, spray jacket, wet suit, UK Avon Boats, etc).
- - Visit of Pisac ruins approx 90 minutes.
- - Training by a Professional River Guide
- - Experienced saftey Cayaker.
- - Lunch (Vegetarian Option), comes with hot and cold drinks
- - 2 hours plus riding the Rapids
What is not Included:
- - Tips for your guides are optional.
We recommend that you bring
- Bathing suits
- A change of clothes for afterwards
- Sun Screen, hat
- Water to drink
- Waterproof footwear, runners or tennis are recommended
- Photo and video extra service. Please advise if you want this service in office.
- CUSIPATA SECTION: Wet Season (Generally OCT to MAY)
- CHUQUIKAWANA: Dry Season (Generally JUNE to SEPT)
- Please enter to: Reservations
- 1.- Click on To REGISTER and Choose the Program: River Rafting 1 Day Urubamba
- 2.- FILL IN the complete personal details of each person in separate reservations and this information will come on screen.
- 3.- Please check your email immediately for the full details of your reservation, a copy of the conditions and payment instructions and your personal reservation code ( purchase number 9 digits) to use when confirming your payment will automatically be sent to the email you used.
- 4.- Please make your payment now to confirm your booking.
- Click on Step 3: To Confirm for Payment Options.
- HOW TO CONFIRM YOUR TOUR: (Without a Booking deposit payment your tour is not confirmed only reserved)
- 1.- Ensure you have read and understand the Conditions.
- 2.- Make your deposit of US$10 only per reservation according to the directions on this page. Please use your reservation code as your Purchase Number.
- you can do one payment of $20 which would be considered for 2 persons using just one of your codes.
- 3.- Click on Step 3: To Confirm for Payment Options
- 4.- You should receive an email from Visa that confirms that your payment was successful. The subject will read Confirmacion de Compra
- but It must have an AUTHORIZATION CODE WITH 6 NUMBER / LETTERS ex. Authorization Code: L24276 you must IMMEDIATELY resend it to: RESERVAS@LORETOBOUTIQUEHOTEL.COM
- 5.- Check carefully that it does not say "incorrect cardholder" or "operation denied" as this means the payment was not successful. If the payment is urgent then skype or ring us on Tel: +51 84 226352 and give us the details over the phone for us to try and assist you quickly.
- 6.- If the payment has not gone through and is not urgent... send it to us anyway but indicate that it was unsuccessful and try again rechecking each instruction. We will contact you with options until all is finalised. For security the online payments are run through your bank and if your bank does not authenticate the transaction this means that for Security the online system does not process it. Therefore you either need to contact your bank before retrying on the online system to advise them to authenticate the request
- if you are doing another tour with us then you can just email us your copy of your rafting reservation and we can use the details from your other tour to reserve and guarantee you can just pay in cash 2 days before in Cusco.
Terms & Conditions
LORETO BOUTIQUE HOTEL CONDITIONS OF THE RAFTING TRIPS 2014
- You must advise LORETO BOUTIQUE HOTEL of any medical problems or allergies. You need to be in good physical health.
- If you are experiencing any problems with the service of the guide or tour please advise the guide in this moment so he can resolve problems as soon as possible.
- If the guide believes that the river conditions and levels are considered too risky, he has the right to move the trip to an alternative section of the river in consideration of your personal safety.
- Rafting is a high risk activity and often for this reason not covered by your travel insurance.
- The activity takes place in rural areas with very poor emergency assistance.
- r rafting trips that may include grades higher that III+ you must indicate on the personal information form that you have previous rafting experience .
- If you do not have rafting experience and still wish to do a section of the river classed grades IV + you must acknowledge that we advise you to first do a beginners rafting course on a lower graded river section before attempting a river section that involves technical rafting skills.
- If we do not have a minimum number of passengers we work with our associate company to ensure a minimum number of rafters.
THE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- private transportationº
- all equipment, wetsuits, life jackets, helmets and spray jackets
- training by professional guide
- briefing and safety practice
- lunch - vegetarian option
- Cancelation of tour within 24 hours of departure incurs a loss of 15% of total tour cost if you are changing the tour to a alternative day or 40% of the tour cost for total cancellation.
- Cancelation of tour on the day of departure incurs a loss of 80% of total tour cost.
- You are totally responsable for your personal property and hired equipment. Price is in cash . If you choose to pay with travellers cheques there is a 3% comission and 5% comission credit card.
- I have read and accept the conditions:
- 1.- Names and Signatures.